LL.B. (3 YEAR DEGREE COURSE)
The candidate should be an Indian Citizen. The candidate belongings to the type [NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign National Students] with following Academic Eligibility is not required to appear for CET Examination. They must apply only for CAP rounds.
A candidate in order to be eligible for admission to the first year of the Five Year integrated law course should have passed the H.S.C. Examination [Arts, Science or Commerce] of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune or its equivalent examination.
An applicant who have successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (+2) or equivalent (such as 11+1, A level in Senior secondary School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized university of India or outside or from Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course Examination, with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate. (candidate belonging to SC and ST Category with minimum 40% marks).
The applicants who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First Degree Certificate after processing studies in distance or correspondence method is eligible for the course:
- Provided that, the applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open University system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible.
- Further provided that, applicants who have obtained 10th std. /Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination, in a single sitting examination without having basic qualification (1 to 9 standard of schooling) is not eligible.
Further provided that, the candidates who are appearing/appeared for the qualifying examination (regular examination of that academic year) are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination. Such candidate will be eligible for admission only if they produce the provisional/Degree certificate of the qualifying examination and the mark lists of all parts of qualifying examination at the time of admission.
And obtained score in CET conducted by the Competent Authority. [Government of Maharashtra Gazette No. MAHBIL/2009/37831 dated 11 March, 2016.].
MINIMUM MARKS IN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION:
The Bar council of India may from time to time, stipulate the minimum percentage of marks not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of the total marks in case of SC and ST applicants, to be obtained for the qualifying examination, such as +2 examination in case of integrated Five Years course or degree course in any discipline for three years L.L.B. course for the purpose of applying for and getting admitted into a Law Degree program of any recognised university in either of the streams.
Provided that such a minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a person to get admission into an institution but only shall entitle the person concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the government concerned from time to time to apply for admission. (Rule 7, Rules of Legal Education 2008, Bar Council of India.).
The Minority seats shall be allotted to the Candidates of the State belonging to the Kannada Linguistic Minority to which the institution belongs by virtue of merit or in Open Category as per their Inter-Se-Merit if the seat reserved for them are not available at their merit.
[Government of Maharashtra Gazette No. MAHBIL/2009/37831 dated 11March, 2016.]
PROHIBITION TO REGISTER FOR TWO REGULAR COURSES OF STUDY:
No student shall be allowed to simultaneously register for a law degree program with any other graduate or post graduate or certificate course run by the same or any other university or an institute for academic or professional learning excepting in the integrated degree program of the same institution.
Provided that any short period part time certificate course on language, computer science or computer application of an institute or any course run by a Centre for Distance Learning of a University however, shall be accepted. (Rule 6, Rules of Legal Education 2008, Bar Council of India.).
AGE OF ADMISSION:
There is no upper age limit at present for admission to LLB-5 Yrs. course in view of the cases pending in Hon. Supreme Court of India, and the order passed by the Hon. High Court, Bombay in WP.No 3235/2016.
The admissions to LLB-5 Yrs. course will be subject to the final outcome of the various writ petitions pending before various Hon. Courts.
ADMISSION TO THREE YEAR LAW COURSE (LL.B):
- The Primary Requisite for admission in the Five Year Law Course will be a Valid CET score.
- Minimum CET score required by students shall be as per the Direction of the Education Authorities.
- A Candidate passing the Bachelorâ€™s Degree Examination of the Mumbai University, in any faculty with minimum 45% marks or a corresponding degree examination of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by the Mumbai University with the minimum prescribed marks is eligible for admission to the First Year L.L.B. The above percentage of marks shall be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to the reserved Categories.
- Other University students are required to verify their Documents from their alma mater.
- Reserved category students are required to submit Caste Certificate, caste verification Certificate, Non Creamy Layer Certificate etc.
- Students from Maharashtra state are required to submit Domicile Certificate.
- Admission is subject to Document Verification.
- Admission is given strictly on merit.
For 3 year (LL.B.) Degree Course 60 student.
- Photocopy of S.S.C. Marksheet
- Photocopy of H.S.C. Marksheet
- Photocopy of Leaving Certificate of H.S.C (Maharashtra Board)
- Photocopy of Graduation final Year Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- CET Score Card
- CET Hall Ticket
- CET College Option Form
- CET Provisional Admission Letter
- Mumbai University Enrollment Form
- Domicile Certificate (Maharashtra State & in Students Name Only)
- Color Photograph
- Photocopy of Migration Certificate of (Other than Maharashtra Board)
- Photocopy of Caste Certificate (Maharashtra State & in Students Name Only)
- Photocopy of Caste validity Certificate
- Non Creamy Layer Certificate (If Applicable)
- Photocopy of Relevant documnts For Phy. Handicapped / Disabled, Freedeom Fighters, Children, Defense & Ex- Servicemen (If Applicable)
- Aadhaar Card ( In Student Name Only)