CODE OF CONDUCT
- For students, professors, administrators, and other personnel, the institution has established a code of conduct. This aims to give all college stakeholders a more comprehensive understanding of all institutional policies, rules, and procedures, rules for the efficient execution of academic and extracurricular activities, as well as the achieving and carrying out trans disciplinary societal obligations at many levels.
- The institute realizes the significant responsibility that comes with the profession of education, all parties involved are expected to abide by the moral guidelines established by the college.
- The college also employs a system of professional ethics and remedial actions that will assist in identifying any type of code of conduct violation and in taking the appropriate actions to restore the desired results. The website features a copy of the Code of Conduct.
- A committee has been established to oversee adherence to the same.The committee shall be known as the Code of Ethics Committee.
- The primary duty of the Code of Ethics Committee would be:
- To ensure that all the ethics as prescribed by the policy are being adhered to.
- In case of noncompliance of the prescribed ethics, the committee has the authority to initiate a suo moto action.
- The committee is also authorized to the deals with the complaints received pertaining to the noncompliance of the prescribed ethics.
- To also conduct regular meetings for updating the policy with time, if the need be.
- To be fair, just and reasonable while deliberating the administrative matters.
- The Stakeholder of the college are as follows:
- Students: All the students who are enrolled for B.L.S. LL.B., LL.B. and LLM would fall under the category of students for the purpose of this policy.
- Teaching Staff: All the lecturers, Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, Professors and Clock Hour Basis Lecturers would fall under the category of Teaching Staff for the purpose of this policy.
- Administrative Staff: All members of Accounting, Auditing and Administration would fall under the category of Administrative Staff for the purpose of this policy.
- Library Staff: Members who are working in the Department of Library at any position would be considered a part of Library Staff for the purpose of this policy.
- Examination Cell: Members who are working in the Examination Department at any position would be considered a part of Examination Department for the purpose of this policy.
- IQAC: Members who are working in IQAC at any position would be considered a part of IQAC Department for the purpose of this policy.
- T. Cell: Members full time or part time working for the I.T. Cell of the college would be considered an employee for the purpose of this policy.
- Jus Cogens of the Institute: KLE as an Institute appreciates the following values and expects all its stakeholders to inculcate them:
- Respect for all
- Adherence to the Rules and the Law
- Respect towards Nation
- Good Faith
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS:
- The Students under no circumstances should engage in any Ragging related activity. Refer to the Anti-Ragging Policy Document.
- The Students under no circumstances should engage in any Sexual Harassment related activity. Refer to Policy Document for Sexual Harassment.
- The Students under no circumstances shall be found bullying, teasing or harassing any person with disability.
- The students should maintain attendance.
- The students should attend classes regularly.
- Student should take prior permission of the Class mentor if he/she is notable to attend the classes. It is compulsory to bring parents letter in caseof absence without prior permission.
- Student should not walk in the college campus or be in Canteen while the classes are goingon.
- Student should maintain cleanliness of the class and the college campusapart from personal hygiene.
- All sorts of activities which obstruct the teaching and other works of collegeare prohibited.
- Chewing of pan masala, tobacco, smoking and alcohol consumption isstrictly prohibited.
- The Students should be cordial towards teachers and other staff members. They should be respectful and well behaved.
- The Students be well behaved, polite and respectful towards their classmates and peers. They must showcase fraternity.
- The Students must be in prescribed uniform at all times.
Uniform for Boys: White Shirt and Black Pants with Formal Shoes.
Uniform for Girls: White Kurta or White Shirt Shirt with either Black Leggings or Black Formal Pants respectively with formal shoes.The Students must make all submissions at time.
- The Students must not unethical means to finish their assignment.
- The Students should abide by the rules of Library and Exam Cell.
- The Students while representing the college should be at their best behavior and must not attract ill repute for the institute.
- The Students should not gather in the corridors and create ruckus.
- Students should not receive personal visitors in the College during college hours.
- The Students should not use Cell Phones during the lectures.
- The Students shall not use unfair means during the examination either Internal Examination or External Examination.
- The administrative office is open to students for transacting business on all working days during the working hours. However, students are advised to consult college noticeboards/website for routine information.
- Students are responsible for their personal belongings including laptops, mobiles, handbags, books etc. The college is not responsible for the loss of personal property.
- Students are advised not to bring large sums of money, jewelry or other valuables to the college.
- Any change in the residential address of a student should be immediately communicated to the College.
- Students suffering from any contagious diseases are advised not to attend College.
- Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR TEACHERS:
- Teachers must wholly commit themselves to the teaching as profession.
- Teachers should promote safety, security and acceptance, always avoiding any form of bullying, hostility, dishonesty, neglect or offensive conduct
- Teacher should respect the Institutional policies and must emerge as the role models to look upto for the students.
- The Teachers much harness an environment of growth and learning and must provide every student an opportunity to learn and grow.
- It is the responsibility for the teachers to design lesson plans to meet state standards and create a well-rounded education plan that appeals to a wide range of learners.
- The Teachers should be students of life, they must always strive to learn more and come up with policies for the welfare of the students, staff and institution.
- Teachers should engage in research and must publish papers, articles and other relevant write ups.
- Teachers should foster healthy relationships with the students, their parents, colleagues, other member of the staff and stakeholders.
- The Teachers must be dedicated towards the institute and must not act against the interest of the Institute if the situation so arises.
- Teachers should manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession.
- Teachers should seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research;
- Teachers should perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorials, practical, seminars and research work, Conscientiously and with dedication;
- Teachers should discourage and not indulge in plagiarism and other non-ethical behavior in teaching and research;
- Teachers should co-operate and assist in carrying out the functions relating to the
- Educational responsibilities of the college and the university, such as: assisting in appraising applications for admission, advising and counseling students as well as assisting the conduct of university and college examinations, including supervision, invigilation and evaluation.
- Teachers should deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, gender, political, economic, social and physical characteristics.
- Teachers should recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet their individual needs;
- Teachers should inculcate among students scientific temper, spirit of inquiry and ideals of democracy, patriotism, social justice, environmental protection and peace.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT:
- The administrative staff must maintain high standards of honesty, punctuality and professional ethics.
- They should work within the institutional policies, practices, to satisfy the vision and mission of the institute.
- The staff should cooperate and collaborate with colleagues and external agencies, necessary to support the development of the college.
- The administrative staff should maintain the decorum, dignity and curtsy in their speech and behavior.
- Administrative staff should act in a professional and congenial manner towards colleagues, irrespective of their related position, gender or status within the institutional hierarchy.
- The administrative staff should maintain harmonious relations with other staff and students.
- The administrative staff should maintain confidentiality in conduct of examination and any other policy related information, unless asked to reveal by the institutional authority.
- The administrative staff must strictly follow directions and instructions of the authority. It should constructively contribute towards the development of college and students. It should maintain sanctity of academic environment.
- The administrative staff should properly maintain records of respective portfolio.
- All the administrative staff maintains integrity and fairness in all activities. they should exercise self-discipline, restrain at all times and deal positively with staff, students and public.
- At all-time maintain absolute integrity and honesty, show dedication to duty and shall avoid unnecessary action which will lead to unbecoming of an employee of the College.
- Extend utmost courtesy and attention to all persons with whom he has to deal in the sphere of his duties. He shall work hard to promote the interest of the College and well-being of the students.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR EXAMINATION CELL:
Refer to the Examination Policy.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR IQAC:
Refer to IQAC Policy
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR I.T. CELL:
Refer to the Point Number 10.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR LIBRARY:
Refer to Library Policy.
- The Code of Conduct and Ethics Committee can take the following measures:
- Hear and deliberate the cases of complaints.
- Decide each case on the merits of the case.
- Take appropriate action.
- It is to be noted that Disciplinary action against the Examination related matters would be dealt separately as per the Examination Policy of affiliated university.
- Composition of Code of Conduct and Ethics Committee:
- Chairman – Principal of the college
- 2 Members from Teaching Staff
- 1 Member from Administration
- 1 Member from I.T. Cell / Library
- Current Composition:
Dr. Dinkar Gitte – Chairman
Ms. Bipasha Bandopadhyay – Member Teaching Staff
Mrs. Juli Jha – Member Teaching Staff
Mrs. Asha Thakur – Member Administration Staff
Ms. Pranali Korlekar – Member Library